Wednesday 29 September 2010

Kapow! Wow wee that's bright!

Today I was supposed to be making myself a summer dress, however.....

I have long been a fan of Melody Johnsons quilts and regularly follow her blog fibermania.  Seeing my circles quilt is finished and my Quilt University course doesn't start until October, today seemed like a good day to pull out a lot of bright fabric and just "go for it".

There was no plan to follow and I found it quite liberating!

So liberating in fact that I forgot myself and cut into my large Teflon sheet with the rotary cutter.  GRRR!

Oops!
I really wasn't sure if I liked what I had made until I evened up the edges and took a look from a (safe?) distance.
Wow wee that's bright!
This was a lot of fun to make even though the jury is still out on whether it will make it to quilting stage or not.

Sometimes even big girls need a day to play!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ops thats was a nice cut, but I like your bright colours quilt, I admire what you are doing. I first attack my garden after that one was neclected when I was away all these weeks. and scrab book all my photos I took , even Misty will be in there
Ymmie