Wednesday 22 September 2010

Bags for science class

Not much sewing happened today although I did make a sample bag for my daughter Celine (12).  She has been asked to make 25 small fabric bags for one of the teachers at school.  It will be a good opportunity for her to get used to her sewing machine.
 The circle quilt is still hanging on the design wall waiting for the finishing touches.  There is a quilt show at the British Club in November with the theme "curves and circles".  Well I think it fits into that catagory.  They hold a challenge every year and all the quilt groups are able to enter.  This includes the quilters from the British club as well as the quilters from the ANZA (Aust/NZ association).  Speaking of which....I have now been to two of their meetings and am really enjoying it.  They are a great group of ladies and there are traditional and non traditional quilters. ANZA Quilters

Other than the small bag, there was lunch with my husband (always nice) and  a pedicure/manicure today.  Not something I normally do but very nice.....

(sigh) I guess the circle quilt will just have to wait until another day......

No comments: