Saturday 10 September 2011

Dyeing Frenzy Week

This last week I have been busy dyeing fabrics.


I dyed no less than 76 fat quarters (50 x 55cm) and one half meter.  That is a whopping 19.5 meters of fabric!

Colours dyed are:

Muted blue
Muted blue to black
Muted yellow
Muted yellow to black
Muted red
Muted red to black
Muted dark coloured rainbow (12)
Muted light coloured rainbow (12)
2 light blue (these will be painted later to make sky fabric)
2 overdyed previously discharged fabrics
3 direct application purple/pink with salt effect
and one purple/ yellow shibori
Not a bad effort for 3 days work!

I will be listing some of these for sale on my etsy page, or you can email me.

On Wednesday I am flying home for 2 weeks to see my parents.  I am not looking forward to the long flight but I am looking forward to spending some time at home with family and friends.

Not sure if I will have time for any quilting.....will have to see

Happy quilting!


No comments: