Tuesday 27 September 2011

Back in Chinatown

Yesterday I was invited to come and help in Chinatown with the "Aunties" (and 1 uncle) from Granny Quilts (see older posts 2008-9).  They were making art pieces for the Singapore International Foundation.


The finished product
They were given black canvas's and embroidered them with thread and beads. 

It was lovely catching up with them again (I got to practice some of my mandarin)  and after we had finished working we were treated to a "high tea".  (my first high tea).  These aunties are so much fun to work with.

A big thank you to Terence, Richard, the Singapore International Foundation and all those that support these elderly in Chinatown.

Today I am off to the ANZA Quilt group and we are meeting at our new venue at the Hollandse club.  What a great place to meet and the food is great!

Hopefully tomorrow I will get back into the sewing room......

No comments: