Wednesday 6 March 2013

My busy Dyeing day! Batik

Today I have a really busy day - dyeing 25+ metres of fabric.

I started with 12 meter lengths in Light Muted Colours


Then 12 meter lengths in Clear bright colours


Then,  it was time to play!  I had been thinking about doing some batik for a while and yesterday I borrowed a large crock pot full of wax from the school art teacher.
With my very hi tech "stamps"
First I used some fabrics that I had marbled a while back and wasn't sure what to do with them. I stamped them with my really hi tech stamps e.g a potatoe and a carrot!

Marbled fabric
Green fabric stamped with potatoes and carrots
The marbled fabric I put into a red dye bath and the green fabric in a dye bath of red and blue.  These are batching and I will wash these out tomorrow.  Can't wait to see how these turn out!

I will have to make some more ice dyes and tie dyes as well as these are selling like hotcakes!


Happy Quilting!

No comments: