Thursday 18 October 2012

British Club Quilt Show

Tuesday was the quilt show at the British Club.  This is the one time of year when all the quilting groups in Singapore come lunch together and show off their quilts.  The quilts were great and varied greatly in colour and style.

This year seemed to be busier than last year and there were many more vendors there. It was great to  meet some of the other vendors and learn about what is available here in Singapore.  It was great to meet the guys from Schmetz needles and  from Ban Soon Sewing Machines.

My table with my quilt "red/purple woven" in the background

I had a great time and my hand dyed fabrics, postcards and christmas tags were well received.  The shibori dyes were a real hit!

A BIG THANK YOU to all who organised this event and also to those that bought fabrics/postcards/christmas tags from me.  I do hope you make something beautiful with what you bought and I hope I will get to see what you make from it. (maybe in next years show???)

I'm sorry I don't have photos of the other quilts as I had forgotten my camera (dumb I know!)

It was a fun day but very tiring.  I had a sewing class directly after this so by the time I got home I was shattered!  6.30pm and my lights were out!

I have a number of visitors coming next week and November so it's a good time to take a break from making postcards.

Happy Quilting!


No comments: