Tuesday 8 March 2011

It's been a while.....!

Wow has it really been more than a month since my last post!  My how time flies!  Since my last post there has been a major earthquake in New Zealand.  This has taken a lot of my time and attention and our hearts and prayers go out to all those in Christchurch.  Its things like this that make me feel very far from home!

Oma has gone back to Holland and I have also finished Luke's quilt.  He has happily been sleeping under it and Im hoping he might discard the old quilt which is falling apart.  (a sign of being well loved!)

Luke's New Quilt


Luke's Baby Quilt
This week I have been trying to finish all those things that just never seemed to  get finished.  Yesterday I finished the dress I was making....Hmm I knew there was a reason why never sewed my own clothes!  Maybe I should just stick to quilting!

Today I FINALLY finsihed the darned circles quilt.


Darned Quilt
The only thing left to finish is the repairs to our bedspread.  It had handquilting on the top but over the years the stitiching has come loose.  Oma and I already repaired most of it and I just need to finish two more rows.

Then I need to make a modesty cover (the piece of fabric that hangs from the lecturn) for the pulpit for our old church in Wellington.  I already have the fabric ready to go and it will need to be made in the next two weeks so that it can travel home with our guests that are coming soon. 

sigh!  Then and only then can I move on to new and more exciting things!!!!

No comments: