Sunday, 2 May 2010

Dyeing experiment

With all the hustle and bustle of moving house there has not been much time for quilting or anything else really!  But now the house is pretty much in order and even my sewing room is starting to look like a sewing room! Yeah!

A few weeks ago I had ordered some procion dyes from Dharma Trading and they arrived a couple of days after we moved house.  On Friday the kids had a day off school for Labour day and so Celine and I decided to give dying fabric a go.  We were using "the lazy dyer" method by Melody Johnson.  I mean, why make it any harder than it needs to be!

The aim was to make blue fabric going from light to dark........
Its not bad for a first attempt but there does need to be more difference between the shades.  It was a lot of fun and so I will give it another go this week.  Our biggest achievment was that nothing else inadvertently turned blue. (which was a REAL possiblity!)

Im hoping I can source some of the materials here in Singapore instead of importing it from the States as that can get quite costly.  Will keep you posted.

Managed to work on the horse quilt this week too...Nearly finished! 

Till next time...happy quilting!

1 comment:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...