Thursday 15 January 2009

Back in Singapore


Hi all from Singapore

We arrived back home on Tuesday night and we are all settling into being back in Singapore. The whole family had a great time in NZ - catching up with friends and family. The last week there was incredibly busy. The girls had a great time at camp and spent the last few days catching up with friends that had been away on holiday the week before. Luke, Opa (grandad) and I went to the jousting with some friends. We got to see some real knights in armour and Luke just loved all the sword fights!
I went to the Quilt guild on the Thursday and it was awe inspiring seeing all the wonderful work that these ladies do! I got my NZ quilt machine quilted by Sue Burnett who did a wonderful job of the quilting and had it finished in time for me to go home - Thank you Sue and Monique!


Its a new year and now that all my UFOs are complete I can start thinking about what project to start next. I like to collect landscape, tree and sky fabrics and I bought some in NZ. I bought two fabrics that go from light to dark - one in orange/red and one in blue. I might use these for the fabric weaving that I would like to try.




I also found some Paintstiks and I am itching to try these out. Im not sure if I will paint all of the fabric or only use them to highlight or shade areas of a quilt. I would love to hear from anyone who has used these.






This fabric is just so cool!!. It reminds me of some of the pastels pictures that I had just done in the art class.




Well Ive got plenty of ideas on what to do this year, I just have to figure out which one to do first!




My mother in law is arriving in Singapore on Sunday and Im really looking forward to showing her around. My nephew and a friend are arriving the day after. It will be cosy living for a few weeks so I dont think my sewing machine will be coming out of the cupboard just yet.
Until next time - Happy quilting
Marianne


3 comments:

Renee said...

Hi Maryanne... sounds like you and the family had a great time being back in NZ. I love your variagated fabric, especially the piece that goes from orange to blue... what a wonderful sunset!

I have wanted to try Paintstiks for a long time, so let us know how you like them.

Cheers!

Renee

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have you had time to try your paintsticks on fabric and do you like them?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Marianne Bos said...

I havent had a chance to use them yet. My mother in law arrived from Holland on sunday as well as a nephew and his friend on Monday. It getting a little crowded around here! But its lovely to see them all!