Thursday 12 May 2011

Discharging fabric

Today I was planning to have one of those super creative days and was going to dye and paint some fabric.  But the weather had other ideas and it was one of those Blah days.

I had been wanting to try some fabric discharging with a bleach pen but needed something to neutrilise the bleach once the desired colour was reached.  Off to the art store to ask for either "Bleach stop" or "Anticlor" or "sodium Thiosulfate".  Ha! good luck with that!  Got lots of blank stares. Grrr  Sometimes it is sooo frustrating finding things here! (I won't go off on a rant about how things are made in Asia, shipped to the States where I have to pay huge sums of money to get it sent back here!!!)

After I got home I decided to give it a go anyway.  Gina came to watch and she ended up doing the second piece of fabric.  I think they look pretty good for our first try.


Our results
I have also listed some of my fabric postcards on http://www.trademe.co.nz/ so check it out if you are in NZ.

Happy Quilting

No comments: